The aim of the Digital Media qualification is to build learners digital skills, capacities and aspirations to help young people flourish in digital work. By completing the accreditation, learners are provided with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a variety of media sectors that they could pursue careers in. As part of the course learners will develop knowledge in:
- Camera controls and how to capture images
- How to safely transfer images
- Photo manipulation and editing
- How to publish Photographs
- Legal constrains in the Photography Industry
- How to use photographs as evidence in journalism
Leaners have the option to study this at either Entry 3 or Level 1. By the end of the course learners will achieve an Award in Creative and Digital Media through the Association for Accredited Learning at their respective level. If learners choose to also study Digital Media at Oakfield as an option, they increase the weight of their award to a certificate.