HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
Health and Social Care follow Pearson BTEC Specialist qualifications Entry 3 to Level 1.
This work-related qualification gives learners the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to prepare for employment.
Health and Social Care covers a number of units which carry credits towards three sizes of BTEC Specialist qualifications:
- Award (1 to 12 credits)
- Certificate (13 to 36 credits)
- Diploma (37 credits and above)
The Pearson BTEC Entry Award (Entry 3) (QCF) and Pearson BTEC Level 1
Award/Certificate/Diploma (QCF) in Health and Social Care have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- achieve a nationally recognised Entry or Level 1 vocationally-related qualification
- progress to employment in the health and social care sector
- progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning